Lamb of God, Give us Peace // Links of the Week
« previous entry | next entry »
Apr. 13th, 2009 | 20:02
written to: Horatio Tiberius Caine
Warning: Don't date me. I'm an unstable jackass and will do my best to hurt you, probably just to see if you feel.
VideoJug: Life explained. On film.
- Need to fix your car, or just trying to figure out your computer? Want to know when your friends are lying to you, whether or not the girl you're chatting up actually likes you, or just how to make dinner? VideoJugs explains anything you need to know about getting through life -- in short, friendly films.
- "Instructables is a web-based documentation platform where passionate people share what they do and how they do it, and learn from and collaborate with others." Whether you need help with your recent build project, or you're looking for idea for your next one, explore and test the knowledge of the Instructables community.
LifeHacker: Tips & Downloads for Getting Things Done
- Life! Such a complicated necessity. Make it easier with LifeHacker.
Open Source as Alternative
- Looking for some open source (read: free) alternatives to expensive commercial programmes? Find them at OSalt.com.
- From the people who brought you Mind Hacks, along with some choice other contributers, comes the MindHacks weblog. Bringing you the best in modern neuroscience and psychology, to help you understand how your mind works, and how the people who already know are using it against you.
For Those Who Want To Know
- Slip-ups, cover-ups, conspiracies and manipulations; all the reliable facts you need to feed you paranoia.
TED: Ideas Worth Spreading
- The annual TED (Technology, Education, Design) conference brings together some of the brightest, innovative and inspiring minds of our time. See the best of these talks and performances online, for free.
- "Free resources for those with big brains and small pocketbooks!" Specifically useful for students of all ages, LibraryChick brings you the resources you need to make things a little easier, for free.
The Elegant Universe
- In 24 four to ten minute segments, watch PBS/NOVA's The Elegant Universe, a three-part mini-series which explores Einstein and String Theory, based on the book of the same name host Briane Greene.